Plant-based eating and drinking is moving from trend to food revolution status
- There is now a mainstream opportunity for plant-based claims. Both retail and foodservice are targeting the mainstream consumer.
- Changing dietary habits are driving demand for alternative plant products. Consumers are abstaining from certain types of food and ingredients.
- Meat analogues have taken the lead among alternative proteins, while the prospect of lab-cultured meat looms.
- Getting consumers to try trendy plant-based foods is one thing, but encouraging long-term adoption and lifestyle change is another. However, parents will raise children to be flexitarians.
Expressed as or includes:
- Plant-based eating and alternative proteins
- Raw & Pure
- Alternative meat
- Sustainable alternatives